Help me help you! April 13, 2009Posted by ConnorSmith in : Computers, General Announcements , trackback
I’ve been getting a lot of emails lately on computer problems/DAWs crashing/etc. Please keep them coming, I’m glad to see systems are working the bugs out (plus it helps me document trends and figure out problems with patches/gear).
We’ve been able to solve a high percentage of problems, but often it takes 2-3 emails back and forth before we have all the information available to help.
If you are emailing us (or even posting in the comments) about a problem you are having, please include the following information, as it will make it possible to help you:
- Computer OS (which version of windows, leopard, tiger, etc.)
- Computer specs (processors, RAM, HDDs, firewire cards, etc.) – if its a Mac, let me know if its a Mac Pro, MacBook, iMac, etc
- Which DAW and what version (i.e. say “Pro Tools 8.0cs2″ not just “Pro Tools”)
- What interface you are using
- What plug-ins/VIs do you have installed
(more below the fold)
If you are having problems installing programs, let us know if its a clean install or not (did you uninstall the previous version).
If its a Pro Tools problem, did you try trashing your preferences and databases?
You can never give me too much information on your system. The more specific you can be, the better. In addition to helping you a lot faster, the information allows me to document which systems are having specific problems, so its faster to help others in the same boat later on.
The Studio Files